In this exciting class, Riki Schumacher shows you how to make a mixed media frame, from scratch! This is a drop dead gorgeous opportunity to enshrine one of your favorite memories for all time.
In this workshop Riki will be showing you detailed, step-by-step demonstrations of every step needed to complete your frame, and make it your own. Whether you are a virgin at soldering with a butane torch or experienced in metal work, there is something new for you here.
Here are just some of the things you will learn in this workshop:
- Sawing metal with a jewelers saw
- Piercing and drilling sheet metal
- Flooding solder with a butane micro torch
- Drilling flooded solder
- Attaching micro hardware
- Learning some cold connections
- Attaching rhinestone chain through a soldered technique
- Creating patterns
- Forming a base for the frame
- Designing a leg from wire and soldering
*Complete Downloadable Supply List and Frame Pattern included in your receipt.
Read more info about Artful Gathering DVDs