Join Debby Anderson on an artistic journey into the past where you will be creating a beautiful relic necklace using a variety of materials and objects; some of which may surprise and delight you!
Debby will teach you how to create a one-of-a-kind jewelry piece that will have special significance and meaning to you. Working with a medley of jewelry techniques, applications, and processes you will learn how to create a focal piece for your necklace using a timeless romantic theme representing the essence of your own unique spiritual or inner self, or you may choose to create a light and whimsical theme.
Adding all special elements together will be an exploration in recreating antiquity because Debby will be teaching you how to add all the important detail work that will make each part of your necklace appear as a precious artifact that might whisper of some small evidence of a time gone by.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to forge and manipulate wire to create bails, connectors, links, closures, pendants and charms.
- Word stamping
- Wire bead/crystal wrapping
- Using a soldering iron, you will learn how to securely solder created bezels; pendants, charms and connectors with deconstructed embellishments
- Paint, embellish, patina, distress and antiquing methods
- Image transfers, paint, embellish, patina, distress and antiquing methods
- Repurposed findings…how to be inspired to use and embellish
- Create with clay, paints, inclusions, antiquing, embellish
As a very special bonus technique, Debby is going to show you how to make beautiful shimmering beads of your very own so that you can repurpose and remake new beads from old ones, effortlessly and passionately!
Please be sure to check your e-mail purchase receipt for file attachments containing your materials and supply list, and any handouts provided with this workshop DVD.