This class focuses on oil painting using a palette knife technique within 3 different subjects; floral, landscape and portrait.
The class begins with floral studies using small canvases. For more challenging projects, a triptych (3 small canvases) and diptych (2 medium canvases) are introduced for exploration of composition. The lessons are:
• Surface preparation
• Variety of mark-making
• Contrasting foreground and background value and color
• Scraping vs. impasto strokes for pedals
• Correcting mistakes and finding solutions
• Multiple canvas exploration
Each Landscape project emphasizes specific palette knife techniques:
Portrait projects emphasize the following key points:
• How to sketch on the surface
• How to mix skin tones
• How to create facial features
• How to make bold strokes for silky looking hair
• How to create texture for furry stuffed animals
Please be sure to check your e-mail purchase receipt for file attachments containing your materials and supply list, and any handouts provided with this workshop DVD.