Join Riki Schumacher for a workshop that is a feast for your eyes and ears! In Musical Delights: Mixed Media Music Boxes, you get to make a music box from almost scratch; almost, because you will start with a pre-made box from tin or a simple wood cigar box. Yes! You will decorate it up so it is more than adorable with lots of goodies from your stash. Close up, and step by step, Riki will teach you some amazing mixed media art techniques that you can apply to your boxes and finally, you will install a small musical movement. These boxes will make your heart sing with delight, and your finished work of art will be a treasure forever to enjoy.
Creative art techniques and applications:
- How to use simple paints to age a new tin box
- Chalk paint a wood cigar box, wax and distress it so it’s cool
- Learn to do a photo transfer onto chalk-painted wood
- Learn some wonderful attachment techniques and some cold connections
- How to create a trinket box inside your music box
- Work with mixed media paper, fabrics, photos, mica, transparencies, paints and more
Riki will show you how to activate an on-off wand if you like, so when you close the lid on your sweet box, it shuts the music off. Wind up your creation, sit back and experience the look and sound of a centuries old art, a true musical delight.
An exciting workshop for all skill levels.
You will be using common, easily accessible materials and supplies that are inexpensive, and readily available, more reason you’ll love these workshop techniques.
Please be sure to check your e-mail purchase receipt for file attachments containing your materials and supply list, and any handouts provided with this workshop DVD.
Workshop photos are examples of artworks created by the artist applying the techniques you will learn in this workshop.