Go Maya! Grab your journal and come with me as we “travel” deep into a unique part of Mexico–the Yucatán Peninsula and the little explored, very colorful, land of the Maya people.
Using my photos and your journal, we’ll record images and fun facts about Valladolid (vaya DOE leed), one of Mexico’s “Magical Towns” (I’ll explain in class) and the heart of Maya culture. From there, we’ll map our fantasy trip to the Maya ruin of Chichen Itza (chee CHIN eat ZA) where we learn that the Maya were peaceful people (it was the Toltecs that tore hearts out.)
Still, you will lose your hearts to this colorful people and place and have an exotic journal to prove it.
Students of all levels can easily follow along as they discover my secrets for creating charming journals. The workshop covers:
• Drawing people (returning students asked for this)
• Fast, easy sketches and simple watercolor washes
• Creating colorful botanical art
• Artful layouts with simple text
• Fun map making and unusual calligraphy
• Additional lessons to do on your own
• BONUS: Students appreciate my unique visual critique style whereby I scan a select work then write and draw my critiques directly on it. Seeing is the best way to learn.
You can do this!
“Thank you so much for this class, Diana. It was eye-opening (and addicting). I’ve been trying to make journaling a habit for a long time but always felt overwhelmed and under-skilled. Your techniques have made daily journaling a reality for me.”–L.A., Hawaii
*Complete Downloadable Supply List and Optional Kit Info included in your receipt.