A vintage brass thimble is the beginning component, and the inspiration, for a necklace that Diane Cook calls, Heart Strings.
Made using layers of luscious strips of recycled sari silk, Dupoini silk, vintage lace and/or tulle, along with multiple lengths of various pieces and types of chain, you will enjoy exploring the possibilities of perhaps using baroque pearls, semi-precious gemstones, vintage bits, buttons and charms, or perhaps your favorite pieces of brass filigree. Diane shows you, step-by-step, how you can transform these tassels into beautiful works of art.
These are some of the techniques you will learn how to do in this beautifully demonstrated workshop:
- How to add various lengths of chain, bits and pieces from vintage rhinestone jewelry or rosary chain.
- How to wire wrap your beads, pearls and crystal rondells.
- How to make your own tiny etched books.
- How create wire nests that Diane calls, nesties.
- An optional method to adorn your thimble and tiny book with vintage text.
- If you choose to add one of Diane’s favorite brass lockets, she will show you how to use mica to cover your image or special words that will be tucked inside.
- Finally, Diane will show you how to create a simple necklace, using a combination of recycled sari silk and a vintage rhinestone bracelet, but chain will work just as great if a bracelet can’t be found. You may want to add a sprinkle of wire wrapped gemstones, beads, pearls or crystals…finishing with a choice of a simple hook closure.
*Complete Downloadable Supply List included in your receipt.