Cristina Zinnia Galliher has been creating bottle art for over 10 years, a passion which developed as the result of applying collage to vintage bottles. Her bottle art has been selected as a playbill feature for “Elixir of Love,” and her bottle art work has been sold nationally. Mixed Devotions offers students the opportunity to learn techniques that can be applied to many bottle types and styles.
These are some of the things you will be learning in this workshop:
- Learn how to properly create the basic layers for bottle art collage work using layers of paper of different weights.
- Choosing a harmonious color palette for your bottle work and subsequent steps for bringing paint, paper, and jewelry together.
- Different ways to make toppers for your bottle.
- Stenciling over different shaped bottles.
- You’ll also learn how to create a tiny book which you can use to adorn your bottle.
- How to create bead work and wire work adornments as well as how to use clay to make face cab adornments from a mold and how to secure your bottle tops.
- The variety of techniques taught in this class will show you how to artistically age your bottles and it will inspire you to stretch your imagination as you explore new ways to adorn vintage and antique bottles with an artisan’s approach.
*Complete Downloadable Supply List and workshop handouts included in your receipt.
Read more info about Artful Gathering DVDs